An embarrassingly long time ago, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Elizabeth at Echo Edition. The aim of the award is to spread love and support in the blogging community. Thank you for nominating me, Elizabeth!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
What inspires you?
Inspiration is everywhere if I look hard enough: in passersby, in snippets of conversations, even sitting at my desk at work everyday (if I look really hard). That being said, books inspire me the most.
What is the last book you read?
Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick. I was mostly underwhelmed by it, and sometimes it was quite obvious that a man was behind the female protagonist’s voice. But overall, there were a few moments of clarity.
What do you love that you rarely, if ever, mention on your blog?
K-pop. A while ago, I realised that English-language media has mostly been the default in my life. It’s nice to diversify and discover content that wouldn’t otherwise have been on my radar.
What do you hate that you rarely, if ever, mention on your blog?
I’m interested in topics like diversity, inclusivity and feminism. I like writing about the topics themselves, but I often see ignorant/malicious comments about these issues online. It’s impossible (and sometimes pointless) to address those all the time.
That said, certain comments are definitely worth examining for the questions they raise. My last post was inspired by Stephen King’s tweets about diversity and quality in art.
What are you proud of?
The fact that, despite so much going on, the world is persevering.
What is one of your favorite quotes?
“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. […] [I]f you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” (The Twits, Roald Dahl)
What is one of your favorite songs?
HONG KONG by Jannabi.
What do you most love learning about?
I don’t have a particular thing I love learning about the most. Whatever happens to capture my interest — when I was younger, I used to read about endangered animals and make PowerPoint presentations about them, ha. Right now, I’m teaching myself a new language.
What sounds are you hearing as you answer this question?
What do you want to do or accomplish before the end of the year?
I’ve been doing internships for a while, so I hope to get a job this year.
Which of your blog posts would you recommend to new readers?
For something serious, On Making Friends.
For something fun, 30 Things to Do When You’re Bored.
For something bookish, 10 Books That Have Influenced Me.
This part is always tricky because I’m never sure which bloggers have already done this, or are willing to accept the award. So, I’m going to cheat a bit and say that if you’re reading this, I’d like you to accept this award. It would be nice to get to know some fellow bloggers through this, so please let me know if you decide to accept!
Here are some questions for you:
- What is one thing you learned in 2019?
- What is a hope you have for 2020?
- What does your blog name mean? How did you decide on it?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite time of day, and why?
- What is your go-to small talk question or topic?
- What is one of your favourite songs?
- What is your remedy for a bad day?
- Why is a raven is like a writing desk?
- Do you have any party tricks/’useless’ talents?
- Which of your blog posts would you recommend to new readers?
Thank you for reading, and until next time.
Sleepy Sunday is my series for shorter, fun posts like this. Check out more posts in the series here.